There are many products and baby items that are necessary in order to provide for your newborn when you first get her home as well as items that are necessary to see her through the first year. With so many products to choose from, it’s hard to know which a parent really needs and which can be done without. Some items are never really used while others are worn out before its time. So what basic items do you really need to properly take care of your baby? Here is a list of some of the most important items you will need when you bring your baby home. weblink
1. Clothing – Obviously, clothes are important in providing warmth and comfort to your newborn and growing baby. Sometimes parents make the mistake of purchasing too many clothes that are either not used at all or undergo very little use. An infant grows so fast that it’s more cost efficient to just purchase what he or she really needs and begin to prepare for the next size up. Items such as a going home outfit, one piece baby suits, socks, caps and jackets are common necessities. Of course, the season of year will also dictate what you will need.
2. Nursery Items – A crib, mattress, sheets, and blankets are all the basic must-have items from the moment you bring your child home from the hospital. Some people splurge on bumpers, pillows, matching stuffed animals, coverlets and more, but those are not necessary to make your baby happy and comfortable. It is better to spend a bit more money on a quality mattress and crib without the other amenities for the sake of your baby’s body support and health. Practicality is definitely more important than looks when it comes to choosing the best items for your child. Other items may include a diaper pail, rocking chair, changing table, dresser, mobile and any number of other products. Your budget will determine what extras are really necessary to you.
3. Baby Care Products – Bathtub, toiletries, towels, thermometers, fingernail clippers, wash cloths, nasal aspirator, and other products are commonly used to care for newborns and necessary to take care of them properly. Diapers are also important baby care products and you will need to decide if you plan on using disposable or cotton washable diapers.
4. Feeding – Bottles, brushes, nipples, formula, breast pumps, breastfeeding pillow, nursing bras, and lanolin are just some of the necessary items to provide food for your child. What you need will also depend on whether you plan on breastfeeding or using baby formula.
5. Miscellaneous items – Pacifiers, teething rings, mobiles, play mats, swings and other entertaining and soothing products can be purchased depending on your budget. You will need to determine which is the most important to the comfort and enjoyment of your child. Some products work well with one baby while another child may not like the same item. Travel gear is also important and you will need at least one car seat, a stroller, diaper bag, and other travel items that are necessary.
These are only the bare basics products that you will need for your new baby before he or she arrives at your home. Even though it may seem overwhelming at times to know exactly what you need, just following these simple suggestions will get you started with the basic products you really need for your baby.